Got a "bug" in your machine? Problem solving at 11:00 PM!
Ok, it is 11:00 pm and you are sewing on a project that MUST be finished. You are humming along on your machine when, "poof", the thread breaks for no apparent reason. Yes, it happens to all of us. Relax and check all of these things:
1. Check the bobbin first. Does it need to be refilled? Refill if necessary.
2. Does your machine need to be cleaned and oiled? You know what to do!
3. Are you using an antique spool of thread? Thread does dry rot.
4. Is the bobbin inserted into the bobbin housing correctly--check your instruction book, if necessary.
5. When was the last time you changed your needle? It should be changed between garments or projects. Maybe it is time for a change.
6. Is the needle the correct size for your thread and project fabric?
7. Is the needle completely up in the shank?
8 Rethread your machine completely. Often, this does the trick.
9. Reboot your machine. Sometimes the sewing witch gets in there.
Hope this helps. Happy Sewing.