High School Teens Can Sew
Wednesdays: After school until 6:00 pm
Sewing Kits (additional fee) are required for new students. All 4 classes must be taken in the same calendar month. Missed classes can not be made up.
This in-depth class takes students from true beginners to fashion stitchers!
Students who have a love for fashion, a unique style, are thinking about a career in fashion, or just love to sew, this class is for you! Many students use their skills in applying to fashion design school, colleges and future jobs.
- Correctly measuring the body
- Deciding your size
- Amount of fabric for the project
- Purchasing and pretreating fabric
- Cutting out garments
- Proper use of a sewing machine
- Finishing seams for that professional finish
- Beginning and growing to intermediate and advanced construction techniques
- Constructing beautiful garments!!
All techniques are taught and demonstrated in a creative relaxed atmosphere where students sew at their own pace. Students purchase their own fabric according to our guidelines, for the project after the first class.
Students can use their own machines, as long as they have an instruction book or use school machines.
Missed classes can not be madeup or rescheduled. Tuition is due the last class of the current month for the following month. Refunds are not available after registration is complete. Tuition and registration fees are required to secure a seat in class.